Decorating my Mom’s Home for Fall 2019

I can’t believe Halloween is already around the corner! Time is flying way too fast lately and I just finished putting up my Mom’s decor last weekend- take a look! 

The fireplace corner looks so cozy with the light shining through the window.



Most of the decorations are similar to last year, so I won’t add the other fall links at the bottom of the post this time. I only changed up a few different things. I added these empty spare frames my mom had on the wall to pull the colors all together. 


The top of the fireplace holds one of the tin buckets from my wedding. My mom has a lot of fall floral stems, so I bunched them all into masons jars inside the bucket. A doily runner was put underneath, and a wooden crate cover and fabric fall sign is behind it. 





On top of the vegetable keeper I added a simple hand painted frame and vase of fall florals.



I added a fall berry wreath to the window.



The dining room centerpiece has more natural florals- with cattails, dried wildflowers, and leaf picks mixed together. I put them all in vintage milk bottles to stand in a metal basket my Mom got from goodwill. The cattails were gathered last fall by the creek down the road from their house! 





I love the details on the dining room hutch this year!



We found this little red wagon at a yard sale for $2 and fill it with the 98 cent pumpkins Walmart sells every year. 



I feel with piano decor, the sky’s the limit! 


I painted a plastic shutter and added the heart wreath and DIY gather sign to have hanging above the piano all year long. 


Another wedding tin holds the remaining fall stems. I added the wired curling ribbon to spill over the bucket and cover the gaps inside.


On the other end of the piano, I added a sign and pumpkins inside a mini crate.


I set all of the coffee needs on a vintage crate and stored the kcup containers in a leaf shaped bowl.


The shelf in the living room was so fun to decorate! I’m in love with those vintage books from the thrift store! The leaf swag brings it all together! 



The end tables hold cute fall decor I had leftover in the mix! That’s the Mod Podge sheet music pumpkin I made years ago! 


Simplistic bathroom decor! 
And nothing is completely tied together without fake leaves scattered on all the surfaces.


I don’t remember where my Mom found this adorable soap bowl, but I put the tiniest pumpkins inside every year. The sign behind it was hand traced and painted on wood scrap. 


I found these cute wooden signs for $1 each and they cover the awkward gap between the light switch and vanity cabinet. 


The outdoor display is low key my favorite part so I always save it for last! My mom found this perfect white bench at a yard sale for less than $5- what a steal! I added a black shutter with some apple baskets on the bench seat. Behind the bench, I hung a fall wreath on a vine trellis. All they’re missing are the Jack O’ Lanterns we’ll be putting outside after this post is up! 



Thank you for reading!, I hope you’re enjoying the last few warm days  we have left! This is literally my favorite season so I’ve been taking advantage of drinking all the apple cider and reading all the spooky books I can! 

More posts coming soon!! 






Comments

Popular Posts