My favorite seasonal books

I feel lucky to live in a state with all 4 seasons. I love jumping into each new mood of the season. Because of how much I obsess with theming everything in my life, it’s no surprise that I have specific candle scents for each seasons, certain playlists to play, and a list of books to read again and put me in the mood.

So whether there’s a heat wave or a blizzard, my genre of interest is thrillers. I’ve come across some books that either shook me to the core with plot twists, piqued my interest with scary themes, or just kept me turning the page to the very end.
I’ve complied my top favorites into a seasonal list. Check these titles out!


SPRING
Where they found her by Kimberly McCreight
Bird Box by Josh Malerman
I let you go by Claire Mackintosh

SUMMER
Bittersweet by Miranda Beverly-Whittemore
It by Stephen King
The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor
See What I Have Done by Sarah Schmidt
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
The Outsider by Stephen King
The Lying Game by Ruth Ware
The Breakdown by B.A. Paris
The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn
A Stranger in the House by Shari Lapena
Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney 



FALL
Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
Salem’s Lot by Stephen King
Dracula by Bram Stoker
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Pet Sematary by Stephen King
The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
The Telltale Heart and Other Writings by Edgar Allen Poe
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
The Widow by Fiona Barton

WINTER
The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon
The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
The Night Visitors by Carol Goodman
Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks
Misery by Stephen King
The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides

Not everyone has the same taste in literature as I do, but I always find myself searching for some creepy thrillers to keep me up at night, or at least remember to bring a friend to go for a walk with me! 
Have you read any of these titles? If so, what are your thoughts? Please let me know!

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular Posts