My Beauty Routine

Let me show you my shower routine! I enjoy using my night routine as a way to relax right before I hop into bed. I always feel so therapeutic and "feminine" when I take the time to care for myself!

These are all the products I love putting on my body. There are some organic/natural products I love to incorporate as well!



Here are my hair products. I LOVE Shea Moisture brand because it is a cleaner product to use for your hair! It is paraben, sulfate and alcohol free! Because I have such thick, curly hair, I don't wash my hair every single day simply because it already holds in so much moisture! 
On the days I do wash, I use the shampoo, followed by the leave-in conditioner (tub shown). Leave-in conditioner honestly changed everything for me. I had always used rinse-out conditioner for the longest time, but leave-in makes my hair softer, smoother, and shinier!
I found the styling milk to be a great product for styling because it makes my curls so soft and bouncy rather than crunchy like hair gel.


This what I currently use to wash my face! Even now, I'm still struggling to keep my face clear, so using the power brush is important for me! It's waterproof- so I can use it in the shower.  Right now, I'm working in a machine shop, so all the coolant and oil spraying in the air lands on my face. I use a pump of Biore and a drop of Aveeno together on the brush head to get down deep in my pores to keep them clean after a long day.
I love the power brush because it has more heads for exfoliating, massaging, scrubbing and buffing your skin! I got this on Amazon for like $20.


Like I was saying earlier, the machine shop doesn't leaving me feeling or smelling very good, so when I'm in a rush, I use Bath and Body Works shower gel to keep a light scent on my skin after the shower. 
Usually at the end of the week I use the Lush shower jelly to thoroughly cleanse my skin. I prefer to use Lush over anything else because they are handmade cosmetics and also vegan/GMO-free. The scent lasts so long after I shower!


Baby oil changed the game for shaving. I put some on right after using the razor and it keeps my skin really smooth and prevents razor burns and bumps! Coconut oil will do just as well too! The baby oil is specifically made for babies- so it doesn't feel itchy afterwards!

After the shower, I melt a little bit of cocoa butter to rub on my skin. I've been using this everyday for a few weeks and my skin feels so soft! It always smells like melted chocolate chips!


After I shower, I use one of these toners while my pores are still open. Apple cider vinegar really kills the tough blemishes on myface (and also burns!) but the witch hazel works great too! The ACV smell will disappear as it dries on your skin.


Right after my toner dries I might use a face mask. I put on a homemade face mask about 2-3 times a week. When you buy face masks in the store, they are usually full of alcohol or different chemicals you can't pronounce! Because I've always struggled with clear skin, I try to keep any products that go on my face chemical-free. 


Here is my favorite face mask to use:
Cocoa Powder
Honey
Tiny bit of coconut oil
*leave on skin for about 15-20 minutes and rinse off*
Literally smells like brownies! 

Another amazing face mask is Bentonite clay, a little bit of water and some tea tree oil. The clay pulls any impurities in your skin and the tea tree oil helps to heal up the blemishes you currently have. 
This is a really effective mask.



After all of that, I put on some kind of spot treatment for my face. 
Aloe vera is a healing salve, as is my homemade Neosporin (I might post the recipe later). Honey can be used to both moisturize and heal, and (not pictured) tea tree oil works wonders for healing tough blemishes that are taking their sweet time fading away! 
Sometimes I cover the spots with a bandaid so it come off on my pillow while I sleep.


Right before bed, I swish with peroxide for cleaning and whitening. 
I also dip my toothpaste-covered toothbrush into activated charcoal to keep my teeth white.

I squirt a tiny bit of Progesterone onto my wrist. Here are some reasons why I use Progesterone cream everyday:
-Makes my periods lighter
-Stabilizes any mood swings
-Balances my hormones
-There are so many benefits- you'll have to check it out yourself!

Also, I add Vaseline to my lips. Adding sugar to create a scrub feels great too!

   
Lastly, if I skipped on using the cocoa butter after the shower, I like to use Victoria Secret products to finish my routine. VS is one of the products that doesn't irritate my skin! Bath and Body Works body spray is fine for me though! 



So there you are guys! My (very) exhaustive list of my beauty routine and what products I love to use! I hope at least some of this was helpful for you! 



Thank you so much for reading! Hope y'all are having a great summer!!

Comments

Popular Posts