"Open When" envelope ideas

Recently, 'open when...' letters have become popular to make and give in relationships. If you are not familiar with this trending DIY, it is basically a topic you're boyfriend/girlfriend might be going through.
You fill the envelope with a heartfelt card and other items and notes in the envelope that might help make his/her day!  
Emotions are a good place to start for a topic.


Let me show you the three I made for Daniel:

This first one is: "Open when we've had a fight."

 I'm not sure what fight we might have that makes him want to read this letter, so I wrote an "apology in advance" note. I also included some cute note cards that say "I'm sorry!" in mismatched stickers, a couple of jokes and memes, something that expresses what he means to me, and a couple of bandaids.


The next "open when..." envelope I made was 'if he needs to hear a compliment.'

I included a card expressing what he really means to me, a bag of confetti to celebrate his accomplishments, my favorite things about him (with some poorly hand drawn pictures), some motivating cards, and a note compliment that was 'sealed with a kiss!'


The last envelope I made for him was: "when he needs to make a big decision."


Inside, I put in another motivating card, a couple of Bible verses about waiting, praying and trusting, a couple of tea bags with cute puns about relaxing, and a few funny jokes to alleviate some of the stress.


If you can relate, it wasn't the topics I had trouble finding, it was ideas for the *contents* in the envelopes! Hopefully, these three can get you started! Remember to always add in

-a semi-serious note
-inside jokes and memes
-something cute that can match to a pun
-motivating pictures and quotes 
This should get the creative ideas flowing! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular Posts