DIY Tutorial: Small Autumn Decoration

This project looks very nice when it's finished and is such a great little craft to make for your Autumn decor! And by the way, you don't have to use a fall stamp, You can paint any kind of stamp or picture you'd like!
 
I must say this though: It does take a little while to do (well, depending on the stamp you use).
 
Alright. Now time to get started, but first, I have to talk some more:
 
I bought this awesome stamp at a yard sale this summer for 25 cents! 25 CENTS! Needless to say, I got the best bargain of the day...
I loved the colors they used on the top of the stamp, but the problem was, I didn't have any of those colors. I didn't want to stamp it all one color, so I decided to paint it my own way. I always do that :)
 
I didn't have any black ink either, so I painted the whole stamp with paint and a brush onto some card stock. I pressed it down hard to get this result: I still wished I could have just drawn all of that myself...
 
Then the painting began...
 
 
 
And after many strokes of reds, yellows, browns, and gold...
I finished my picture at last!
 
 
Now, cut out some autumn-themed scrapbook paper...
and put it inside an old (or new) picture frame .
 
I got the frame for 10 cents at a yard sale!
Can't beat that!
 
 
Now, cut out your artwork and place it on top of the decorative paper.
 
After looking at it a while, I realized I didn't care for it too much. The paper behind made it look "cluttered."
So I stuck with a white piece of paper behind the picture.
 
 
Much better.
 
After that, I added some cute fall stickers to the corners of the glass.
 


Then I displayed it! And it looks very cute!



   Hope you liked this DIY craft idea! More posts to come soon!



 
 
 
 
 
 







Comments

Popular Posts