DIY Tutorial: Small Autumn Decoration

This project looks very nice when it's finished and is such a great little craft to make for your Autumn decor! And by the way, you don't have to use a fall stamp, You can paint any kind of stamp or picture you'd like!
 
I must say this though: It does take a little while to do (well, depending on the stamp you use).
 
Alright. Now time to get started, but first, I have to talk some more:
 
I bought this awesome stamp at a yard sale this summer for 25 cents! 25 CENTS! Needless to say, I got the best bargain of the day...
I loved the colors they used on the top of the stamp, but the problem was, I didn't have any of those colors. I didn't want to stamp it all one color, so I decided to paint it my own way. I always do that :)
 
I didn't have any black ink either, so I painted the whole stamp with paint and a brush onto some card stock. I pressed it down hard to get this result: I still wished I could have just drawn all of that myself...
 
Then the painting began...
 
 
 
And after many strokes of reds, yellows, browns, and gold...
I finished my picture at last!
 
 
Now, cut out some autumn-themed scrapbook paper...
and put it inside an old (or new) picture frame .
 
I got the frame for 10 cents at a yard sale!
Can't beat that!
 
 
Now, cut out your artwork and place it on top of the decorative paper.
 
After looking at it a while, I realized I didn't care for it too much. The paper behind made it look "cluttered."
So I stuck with a white piece of paper behind the picture.
 
 
Much better.
 
After that, I added some cute fall stickers to the corners of the glass.
 


Then I displayed it! And it looks very cute!



   Hope you liked this DIY craft idea! More posts to come soon!



 
 
 
 
 
 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preschool Graduation Decor

1920s Bridal Shower

St. Patrick's Day DIY Frame