Island Getaway charm necklace

My favorite necklace I have ever made so far is this one...

I wanted to keep it, because it had turned out so great!

I might just have to make one for myself someday...


 
Very very simple to explain, and very very simple to make. It just took me such a long time because I wanted to be just right.
 
You can see for yourself how to do it, but I'll explain it anyway (because it's just silly to post a picture on a blog and not say anything about it!)
Okay, after much trial and error, I managed to add a small seashell as the first charm. Then I attached a sand dollar charm onto the chain.
Next came another small shell and then the map charm...
(I had to get Dad's help on this one...) He found a picture of the Hawaiian Islands and shrank it to a tiny size and printed the words below. I cut out the itty bitty picture and put it inside a small jewelry frame (You can get those at Walmart- for very cheap)
 
Next, I out on another evil shell (those things took forever to put on! They were either constantly breaking into a million pieces, or slipping off the jump rings!)
 
Then, the message in a bottle charm.
Here's how I did it:


You can buy these itty bitty bottles at Hobby Lobby (or any craft store, I'm sure.) I filled it with sand with blue and gold seed beads (only a few.) I rolled up a small piece of paper, taped it in place, and dropped it into the bottle. Next, I attached an mini anchor and jewel charm onto the top. Then I attached the whole thing to the chain.
 
And lastly, I added one last shell, slightly bigger than the others. This was a shell I owned. It already had natural holes at the top. So I just strung a ring through it and...
TA DA!
All finished! 
It took me about over an hour to make!
 
 
 
Thanks for reading!
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preschool Graduation Decor

1920s Bridal Shower

St. Patrick's Day DIY Frame