Visiting Home Recap

I took a trip back to Indiana to visit my family for a couple weeks! It was such a refreshing time to return and use that time to relax! No matter how hard I try to keep up with the city trends, I'm still a country girl at heart, and that's okay.




This farm state is such a quiet piece of America. 
Yes, you may have to drive a few miles to eat out or visit friends, but nothing beats sitting with a cup of coffee next to a window to watch the snowfall. 


But I didn't fly in to avoid responsibilities and sleep in all day (well, yeah, I kinda did).
This week I met my first niece, Emily! And what a good baby she is! Does anyone else love the smell of babies? Their whole squishiness and baby noises just melt my heart every time!  I couldn't get enough of her!




                                                          Lovin' from Mama!



 My sis and brother-in-law stopped in for some snuggles too.





































She just loves kisses! She'll literally freeze and take as many as she can get- which is fine by me! Haha

















Of course, a visit wouldn't be worth the time if it didn't include long talks with Mom while shopping. 
The Amish make so many farm-fresh products for us- we just head straight to them for milk, eggs, and cheese!



 It was a drizzly day, but their homemade soup made up for it!















It makes me happy to be out and about with family and good friends.



















                                     
You'll find me de-stressing in the kitchen or playing piano- visiting home allows me to do both. 


























When I flew out of Nevada, it was warm and sunny. When I woke up and looked out the plane window, I knew I was almost home.



It was so peaceful to return home for a couple weeks. Seriously, when I'm counting my blessings, I thank God twice for my family.



Now back to reality again!

Thanks for reading! 
















Comments

Popular Posts