Organize your earrings the classy way!

I have a lot of big earrings. But the problem was that I didn't have a big enough box for my earrings to be stored and organized! So I did some searching around to find a good way to organize them without it being in a junky looking box or something that didn't quite match my room. I found a few good ideas, and kinda incorporated it into an idea of my own. So here it is:

 
 
 
Very easy, and looks cute - especially on my dresser. You'll need:
  • A picture frame (Whatever size you want- it depends on how many earrings you want to organize or display. I used a 4x6 frame)
  • Strong wire (A good kind of wire to use would be picture frame wire, but the store I went to didn't have any, so I just used the wire you find by the fake flowers.)
  • Cloth (Any color you want and any kind of fabric)
  • Glue (E6000, Gorilla glue, super glue, something STRONG!)

I don't have any pictures of me making it, so I hope you can understand it enough... :(

  • Start with the frame and remove the backing and glass. Cut enough wire to fit from one end of the frame across to the other end. You can glue it securely using hot glue, E6000, or super glue/gorilla glue.
  • Put as many rows of wire you want to have. And let it dry.
  • While the glue dries, attach your fabric to the backing of the frame. This is going to be the "background" of the earring picture display. I just simply taped the fabric tightly around to make it cover and fit.
  • Once everything is ready and dry, assemble it all. Put the fabric-covered part back into the frame. You will not need the glass anymore, so dispose of that carefully, or keep it for some kind of DIY! (You never know...)
  • Hang your earrings on the wire. Cram them all together or space them out neatly. Whatever is your style!
  • Place your creation wherever you'd like to. Hang it on the wall, set it up on your dresser or on a table. Make it look good!
And you're done!! I enjoyed making it and glad that it turned out so nicely. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts